Macy’s Earnings, Cisco Systems and Greece should give us some volatility today…
Most of the major retailers are in new, confirmed down trends. Macy’s had an increase in volume yesterday as it filled the gap.
Should we Game Plan for follow-through today, and get it, we can expect to swing trade and day trade, the sector short for the coming weeks.
Macy’s Earnings Preview:
Macy’s, Inc. (NYSE: M) is scheduled to announce first quarter financial results on Wednesday morning. A look at crowdsourced site Estimize provides a clear idea of what to expect.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) — Shares of Macy’s Inc (M – Get Report) are down 0.98% to $65.38 in midday trading Tuesday, one day ahead of the department store’s first quarter earnings release before the opening bell on Wednesday.
CSCO Cisco Systems Earnings Preview:
Cisco Systems Inc. (NASDAQ: CSCO) is scheduled to release its most recent quarterly financial results Wednesday after the markets close. Thomson Reuters has consensus estimates of $0.53 in earnings per share (EPS) on $12.07 billion in revenue. In the same quarter of the previous year, Cisco reported EPS of $0.51 and revenue of $11.54 billion.
John Chambers, CEO of Cisco for 20 years, recently announced that there would be a changing of the guard. Chuck Robbins will take over the position at the helm of the world’s largest networking equipment company.
Stocks to Trade | Wednesday May 13, 2015
- When Macy’s earnings is one of the highlights for the day, you know we are in a tough tape.
- SPY filled the gap yesterday to $209.38 and closed in the upper half of the range but today’s first hour will tell us what to expect for the coming weeks.
- Essentially we are in the middle of the last 3 week’s price action. No bias and very little reason to be aggressive.
- There are plenty of stock specific ideas, a key to success in this tape is avoiding any trade ideas NOT in your morning game plan.
- Don’t go looking for new day trading ideas at 10:15. The idea is a good scenario before the market opens, or it isn’t.
- The major stock market averages closed higher than their open, but take a look at the S&P500, not exactly bullish.
Interesting Chart Lessons:
- SNDK multi-week consolidation set for an expansion in volatility
Earnings in play today > 1M avg shares: AEG, ARMK, ASTI, CSCO, CTRP, M, PCP, TSEM, VIP
Bullish Ideas Volume Price ATR: TASR, NFLX, TSLA, RRC, CSIQ, SCTY, VRX, MA, GS
Bearish Ideas Volume Price ATR: AKRX, BIDU, ENDP, US, FSLR, FB<77
Weak Stock Weak Close: HTZ, MU
Strong Stock Weak Close: SUNE
Weak Stock Strong Close:
Strong Stock Strong Close: AEM, CTRP, DHR, TASR,
20 day Breakdown: CNP, GPS, HTZ, VIPS, XRX, MGM
20 Day Breakout: AKS, DHR, IDTI, KRE
2x Normal Volume: VIPS, DHR, GPS, SUNE, DTV,
Core Watch List Longs: SWN, PRU, JPM, AET, MSFT, INTU, BRCM, ALTR
Core Watch List Short: WYNN, AMAT, SNDK, KLAC, ALL, AMGN, COST, TRV, GLW
Inside days: PRU, ROSE, BBRY, DNR, GRPN, AES, YELP, DAL, SCHW, MCP, WFT, BMY, WFM, BRCD, Z, CSIQ
Pre Market Game Plan Meetings:
The only online meeting that delivers week-by-week progress.
Quickly improve your ability to pick winning stocks. Start your 30 day trial today.